Enterprise Resource Planning
ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning is an IT enabled Business Solution. We evaluate the involved typical considerations in selecting appropriate ERP solution, implementation partner and a set of IT infrastructure required towards ensuring successful ERP implementation. ERP Solution consists of an ERP Software residing on an appropriate IT infrastructure (Computer H/W – Servers and Client Front-ends, Networking- LAN and WAN, Web-enabled Technology – EDI, e-Commerce, e-Business, etc.) and is properly implemented in an Organisation to address its Business Problems, Concerns and Issues through Optimal Planning / Utilization of its resources.
Defining an Enterprise
An Enterprise could be defined as an Organisation of people, Machinery and Processes for providing products, services etc. An Enterprise could be Commercial or Non-Commercial such as Shop, Hospital, Bank, Financial Institution, Insurance Sector, Power/ Telecom Utility, Media, Manufacturing Industry etc..
An Enterprise could be:
- One or more Manufacturing Plants
- Project Sites
- Business Sectors / Divisions
- Sales Offices
- Corporate functions such as finance, HR etc..
- A Company comprising of all the above
- A Global / Multinational Organization
What are Enterprises Resources? – Examples
- Materials (Raw Materials, Consumables, Components etc..)
- Products and Finished Goods
- Plants / Machinery, Work Centers etc..
- Manpower – Skilled, Unskilled, others
- Vendors (Suppliers, Sub-contractors etc.)
- Finance and Cash
- Dealers, Distributors, Warehouses etc..
- Technology etc..
Typical Problems due to lack of Planning / Utilization of Enterprise’s Resources and Monitoring / Control Systems
- Unable to handle competitiveness
- Unsatisfied vendors
- Not able to book orders
- Unable to deliver orders on time
- Money blocked in inventory
- Too much Money spent on Customer Complaint Handling
- Loosing customers
- Under utilization of capacities – manpower, plant, machinery etc..
- Unable to maintain cash flow properly
- Distribution channel problems
- Low productivity of people
- Unable to meet targets and goals in respect of
- Sales Turnover
- Net Profits as %age of Sales
- Various Financial and Operational indicators.
- Unable to Plan Growth, Future Expansion / diversification
Customized Software Solution with or without Process Reengineering and IT Infrastructure Up-gradation.
- Means developing Solution around existing Systems and Processes.
- Software Development and it’s Maintenance is Time Consuming, Cumbersome and Expensive
- Retention of IT personnel is difficult, IT not being the core competency of user organisation.
- Adapting to best of Breed Practices, Processes and Systems for the Vertical Industry Segment followed worldwide.
- IT enabled Business Process Reengineering not possible.
- Use of common databases and Linkage / Integration of systems difficult.
ERP Solution with package enabled Process Reengineering and IT Infrastructure Up-gradation. The advantages of ERP Package Solution – is that ERP enables:
- Package Enabled Business Transformation / Process Reengineering and adapting Best of Breed world class Business Practices / Processes for the Vertical Industry Segment that the organisation represents.
- Use of Common Databases and their on-line updating of various transactions.
- Accessibility of updated common databases to the various Functions / Functionality.
- Process-wise Linkages and Integration across Functions.
- Standardization of Computer Hardware, Communications, Networking and Processes.
- An organisation to effectively INTERFACE1, INTEGRATE2 and SUPPORT INNOVATION3
- Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Reduction in Manufacturing Lead-Time, Production Costs and Inventories.
- Improved Cash Flow and Working Capital Management
- Improved Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- Improved Sales Order Processing, Monitoring, Distribution and Customer Services
- Single Point Entry of Data
- Reduction of paper work- aiming towards paperless office.
- Interactive and Fast response system
- Meeting Country specific requirements of Sales Tax, Excise, TDS etc..
- Linkage with External systems like Autocad, Lotus Notes, MS-Office etc..
- Reduction of Batch Processing and On-line availability of information
- Interactive and Participative Management
- Fast Response Systems
- Timely and Reliable Information Flow.
- Management and Control of Quality, Cost, Product Cycle, Delivery Scheduled and Customer Service.
- Interface – refers to implementation of industry specific business practices to better operate with customers and suppliers.
- Integration – reflects the cost effective and timely manner by which the enterprise business processes are made cross-functional.
- Innovation – means the ability to rapidly adapt and leverage cross-industry business practices to specific enterprise requirements.
Leading World Class ERP Solutions
||Aerospace and Defence
||Consumer Packaged Goods
||High Technology and
||Engineering and Construction
||Steel and Metals
||Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
||Public Sector and Government
||Discrete Manufacturing and Projects